Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What the Heck Was I Thinking??

Or maybe a better title should be.... "I Really WASN'T Thinking!"  Yeah, that's the one I should have gone with when given the chance.  

Some of my readers may have heard of this little project called NaNoWriMo. Well, in a moment of weakness stupidity insanity, I signed up.  The premises of NaNoWriMo is to spend every day (and/or waking moment night) of November putting the proverbial pen to paper on a novel.  By November 30th, you should have at least a 50,000-word novel. (Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!)

What my great American trashy novel will be about is yet to be determined.  They always say to write what you know... so look out world, I'm pouring my heart and soul into this bad boy! And if  you ever passed through my life, you might just get your fifteen minutes of fame.

Will I get to 50,000 words by November 30th? Maybe, maybe not.  But I do know that I will give it my best shot. And who knows where that will lead.  Nowhere? Somewhere? Published or not? I will hold my head up proudly and say at least I tried.

And so it begins...

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!! See honey this is the reason why I did not sign up. I mean unless you have 8 hours out of a day to dedicate to writing 50k in words it just will not happen!

    BUT doesn't the challenge of it excite you? entering a contest like this is what got me to write again. I had been in a slump after mom died so there is nothing like healthy competition to get your blood going.

    SO I am going to say to you my dear old friend, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT!
    Your personal cheerleader is right here...

    So when can I read it? LOL

    ReplyDelete